Avalon Consulting, LLC is seeking multiple database consultants and developers to join our rapidly growing organization. These positions will be affiliated with Avalon’s Big Data Practice and the selected individuals will work on client projects onsite in Phoenix, AZ. This is an exciting opportunity for candidates who possess diverse backgrounds in development as well as database expertise. In this role, you will support our clients developing massive technology solutions with global enterprise-wide impact. You will work with several new technologies at the data-storage level from Hadoop, NoSQL and in-memory solutions like Redis. At the presentation level, you will leverage your experience with Java, Node.js, and Angular. Required experience/skills
Preferred experience/skills Experience using/working knowledge of:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Client-facing consulting skills
- 5+ years of experience in a technical consulting capacity or similar technical field
- 5+ years as a developer using Java, C/C++, or similar languages
- 3 + years experience with traditional RDBMS including schema modeling, performance tuning and configuration
- Working knowledge of version control system such as git, Subversion, CVS, etc.
- Experience using build tools such as maven, ant, gradle, grunt, gulp, etc.
- Track record of project delivery and innovative problem solving
- Experience with dynamically changing/growing organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, or related field
US Citizenship or Permanent Residence is required.We offer market-competitive compensation, performance incentives, and a full benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance; holidays & vacations. All inquiries will be kept confidential. Avalon Consulting, LLC transforms data into business results by implementing Big Data, Web Presence, Content Publishing, and Enterprise Search solutions. We are the trusted partner to over one hundred clients, primarily Global 2000 companies, public agencies, and institutions of higher learning. Avalon is known for providing clients a superior engagement experience through a combination of business acumen, intellectual curiosity, collaborative work style, and strong partnerships with award-winning vendors.
- NoSQL database platforms such as Couchbase, MarkLogic, MongoDB or other distributed high-performance systems
- Hands-on administration and troubleshooting experience with x86 operating systems (Linux, Windows, Mac OS), networking and storage architectures
- Analytical programming using Scala, R, Python
- Solr/Lucene, Elasticsearch or other enterprise search engines
- Implementing and/or using REST or SOAP API applications
- Web presentation components including HTML, CSS, etc.
- Building node.js applications
- Scripting languages including *sh, perl, Python, etc.
- Working on Agile and non-Agile teams